Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Star Wars Brownies
The only thing that makes these Star Wars brownies is the cute cupcake liners from Williams-Sonoma. Otherwise they're just this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/best-brownies/detail.aspx. I did ditch the frosting, which I later regretted because the Star Wars powdered sugar stencils I tried didn't work on a hard-topped dessert. Ultimately, half of the brownies were covered with canned vanilla frosting. Delicious, but not quite the homemade result I was going for.
Brownies (adapted slightly from All Recipes)
Makes 24 small servings
3/4 cup butter
1-1/2 cups sugar
1.5 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line two cupcake tins (12 each).
3. In a large saucepan, melt . Remove from hea, and stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Beat in cocoa, flour, salt and baking powder.
4. Spoon batter into liners.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.