A derby friend gave me this recipe, which she got out of a Taste of Home cookbook. Last night, I was freaking out. Why? Could be work, could be derby, could be my Type A personality sneaking up and being mean again.
Baking these muffins helped. No joke. One of these season Abitas was delightful as well.
Yeah, my Instagram photos probably look like everybody else's. But won't you follow me @kellyvonlunen anyway?
Obviously I changed the original recipe a bit based on what I wanted and had, but only slightly. The final result is really tasty! You could make a cream cheese glaze, but these are so rich from sugar and butter that they hardly need it. The pumpkin flavor is subtle, but distinct. This is almost more accurately "pumpkin spice."
(makes 35 muffins)
1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin puree
1. In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one. Stir in vanilla.
3. Add combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, ginger, and nutmeg.
4. Add pumpkin, beating just until combined.
5. Spoon into lined muffin tins and bake 350 degrees for about 20 min, until browned on top.