Yesterday, I promised you another Brussels sprouts recipe. If the thought of the smell of sprouts makes you want to hurl, you might want to just wait and come back tomorrow. But if you can stomach it, these are really fantastic. Really really. I can see you rolling your eyes on the other side of your screen, but I'm just so certain.
So I took Brussels sprouts. Cut them in half. Cut those halves into quarters. (So eighths. I can do math!) Added some dried cranberries and chopped pecans. Then tossed all that in some Balsamic vineger and a tiny bit of salt.
Have you been to The Tasteful Olive? I love everything there.
My husband picked up this blackberry ginger Balsamic vinegar on a whim as a gift to me about a month ago. He knows me so well. It's wonderful!
I ate a plate of this for dinner. When I ate the rest as leftovers for lunch the next day, I added a little shredded Parmesan. The cheese made it particularly decadent, but I insist that they don't even really need it. It's vegan, gluten-free, and all around incredible.
Does this Instagram version convince you any further? Make it. Eat it. Thank me later.
Fancypants Brussels Sprouts
1. Trim the ends off the sprouts.
2. Chop the sprouts in half, then those halves into fourths.
3. Throw the sprouts into a glass pan and mix in pecans and cranberries.
4. Add Balsamic vinegar and a little olive oil. Toss until just barely coated. Sprinkle with salt.
6. Bake at 350 degrees until the edges start to brown and the pieces are fork-tender, about 20 minutes.